Tandoori Chicken is one of the more popular dishes non-Indians love to order and eat when they are out in Indian restaurants.
So why not grill some up while you're at home, outdoors on the grill?
Here's a super easy recipe - although I'll say you should probably marinate overnight, for the best flavor.
Also I prefer dark meat chicken because it seems to soak up the flavor better than white meat.
- 4 skinless thighs
- 1 tbsp of ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp. of salt
- 4 tbsp of yogurt
- 1/2 lime
- 1/2 tsp of pepper
- 1/2 tsp of chili powder
- 1/2 tsp of fenugreek powder
- 1 tsp of garam masala
- 1/2 tsp of coriander
- 1/2 tsp of cumin
- 1/2 tsp of turmeric
- red food coloring, optional.
- 2 tbsp of oil.
Marinade - for at least 4 hours, overnight for best results.
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper on the chicken
- Add yogurt, spices, oil, lime juice and food coloring in a bowl. Blend well with hands. Add chicken and make sure all chicken is covered in marinade.
- Grill the tandoori chicken as you would normally cook chicken, or if you're cooking it in an oven, then cook the chicken for 40 minutes at 350 degrees. Cover for 30 minutes, then uncover for remaining 10 minutes.